If you've been suffering from brain fog, the inability to lose weight no matter how hard you try, a loss of vital energy, or if you've noticed that the outer third of your eyebrows are thinning, you might want to take a look at your thyroid function.
Facts about Thyroid Health
- More than 27 million Americans have some sort of thyroid disease. About 13 million have no idea they suffer from a thyroid imbalance.
- One out of 8 women will develop thyroid disease in her lifetime.
- EVERY single cell in your body has receptors for thyroid hormones. EVERY major system in your body is directly affected by these hormones: your brain, GI tract, heart, gall bladder, liver, temperature regulation, oxygen usage and the metabolism of bone, red blood cells, lipids, cholesterol, and proteins.
- Stress is a major factor that adversely affects the thyroid.
- Many thyroid abnormalities are seen during times of fluctuating reproductive hormones such as pregnancy and perimenopause.
Join Pharmacist Lark Scarbrough-Swofford as she discusses the complexities of thyroid dysfunction and what we can do to improve our thyroid health naturally. This is our most popular seminar, and we look forward to covering this information with you.
23 Potential Signs of Thyroid Disorder
At least 30 million Americans have a thyroid disorder and half do not even realize it. Because thyroid hormones affect many functions of the body-from brain to bowels-diagnosing a disorder can be challenging. Here are some common signs of thyroid problems:
- Hair loss or thinning of hair
- Low libido
- Weight gain or inability to lose weight
- Poor memory/concentration/foggy headed
- Brittle nails that have ridges and/or break easily
- Dry and/or dull skin
- Shortness of breath
- Constipation or Diarrhea
- Bladder Problems
- Get cold easily/Low body temperature
- Lump in Throat
- Fat lines at throat
- Altered sense of taste and smell
- Want to sleep all the time
- Random tingling/numbness in arms, legs, hands, or feet
- High cholesterol
- Eye/vision changes
- Menstrual irregularities